Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Ride of Your Life


I loved what Brother Holman said in his testimony back in August during Sacrament Meeting. Went something like this: "Life is like a ride. I'm just glad to be along for it. The ups and the downs." It stuck with me because at that time I was going through my one year post cancer check and had to be on the special low iodine diet, no dairy of any kind {you know that's not easy for me if you know how I cook} and no thyroid meds to act as my metabolism. And having thoughts, worries about cancer returning. What he said stuck with me because he was {is} battling cancer for the 3rd or 4th time. It gave me courage.

It's just what I needed to hear prior to Peter being diagnosed with cancer. Those words still give me courage.

But this picture explains it all.
  1. Hold on tight
  2. smile
  3. pray

Lots of prayers have been said for Peter. Thank you a million times. Those prayers have been answered. Peter had his surgery. He's doing better than I expected. We don't know the results yet but he's doing amazing. The surgeons are optimistic. Mother and dad are encouraged. Peter is resting. I'm home for the afternoon for a nap in my own bed and a shower. More updates on Peter soon.

4 comments:

the voice of melody said...

Yes, hold on and pray. The power of prayer is amazing and we know that nothing is ever too hard for God.

Great picture! Looks like fun. :)

Megs said...

That's an AWESOME picture!! How did Dad take that?? cool beans...:D

carmen said...

Nola, I had no idea that you had struggled with cancer. I'm happy to hear that Peter's surgery went well. I hope you continue to get good news. I liked what you wrote about The Christmas Season being a time of hope, peace and miracles. And faith, too. I believe that you have been very faithful. Love you. Carmen.

Ms. Kristen said...

I think of you every minute. Wondering how my sweet Peter is doing. I wonder how you are doing? Tired? Wish I was there to give you a foot rub? Neck rub? Oh......Why is Wa. so far away?
Know that we are praying for you all the time.
So glad all went well.