Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Happy Year:)

A new year. Happy!
We used to have a contest in the Hallen Family this time every year. Who would be the one to come up with a great theme for the new year?
The rules: has to be inspiring and rhyme with the new year.
Past themes
Get it fixed in '96
A bit of Heaven in '97
Loose some weight in '98
I've been thinking up the rhyming new theme.
Should it be:
Save our dimes in '09
or
All fine in '09
Along those lines. I haven't even decided on my new year's resolutions yet. Am I too late? I know I should have one to loose weight. I pondered on this for a few minutes, maybe longer. Why is this so hard for me? All I need to do is loose 2 or 3 pounds a month and in a year...WOW. That really adds up. So put me down for that. Now an easy one... Rub lotion on my elbows everyday. My elbows are very dry and they always look dirty. Very annoying. I'll get back to you on the rest of my list.

2 comments:

carmen said...

Nola,you are so funny! Best wishes for you and your family in the New Year!!

rach said...

Thats funny, my mom and I started making themes back in 1999, so we are reusing that them: "Mighty Fine in 2009". I really like "Save our Dimes in '09" I might use that one with Todd :) Happy New Year!