Friday, January 9, 2009

Did you feel it?

Yes!

It happens when you least suspect it. You might be cleaning, or just relaxing, or yes, you may even be on the toilet {2002}. No alarms go off. Out of no where without a warning the earth jolts, shakes, sometimes we hear only a loud groan, or a shutter, sometimes just the house creeks.

Last night at 7:49, {if you click on the highlighted words in red it will show you recent earthquakes. Then click on the big blue square and get the details of the earthquake.} I was giving Peter a little lesson on cleaning up a mess he made in the pantry with paper plates. Then it happened. An earthquake. This time it was a large jerk and then another. Then it turned into a gentle roll. Addie noticed the ceiling fan swaying. Andrew, who was sitting right next to Addie, didn't even notice. I think he was jumping off the couch at the same time.

So Duane, you missed it by a week. Maybe on your next visit you'll experience the rattling of your nerves knowing the earth just shifted.

Food storage. It's a good thing...

3 comments:

Ms. Kristen said...

R U ok? I was waiting for the call....since I am the person to call into! JK! I love all your posts. They are always so inspiring!

Cheryl said...

I felt the really big one at 7:52p.m. It shook the whole house.

rach said...

Yes, I felt it. I thought someone kicked the couch. I always get a nice burst of adrenaline, because I always jump up and go for the children, just incase it turns into a big one.