Thursday, November 26, 2009

PreThanksgiving Thoughts


All alone in the Kitchen this morning doing what I love. Cooking and baking. It's a great time to think over past Thanksgivings, traditions, and plan for the day ahead.

I always like to think up the ONE thing that I'm thankful for above the rest and not including the obvious, like: family, food, gospel.... Those are a given and I say thanks for those everyday.

So here's mine: Really, really good health insurance. If we didn't have that great Kaiser coverage thanks to John's amazing job & benefits, we would be...I don't even want to think about where we would be. With everything that has gone on these past two years with Peter and me and more to come this next year (I'll be writing about that soon). Health insurance has been a huge blessing for our family. So I guess that really I'm thankful for such a good, hard working husband that provides that for our family.

I always look forward to our little thanksgiving tradition when after we have said the prayer and our plates are loaded up we go around the table and each person says what they are thankful for.

Here are my predictions on what they are going to reveal:

Meagan: New Moon movie
Addie: no school hence more sleep
Andrew: Boog
Peter: cousins to play with every day
John: Me

But really there's so much to be thankful for. I really do like counting my blessings.


I've been wanting to make something for my red frame that holds my seasonal themed handmade stitching works. So finally last night I finished this. It makes me happy.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Hallen Home. I'd love to hear what tops your list of blessings for this past year... Now off to make those pies.